The GLO shipping team is widely recognized for its long history and extensive practice experience. Our shipping legal experts have dealt with various contentious and non- contentious cases, some of which have been included as representative cases by the China Maritime Arbitration Commission. Our shipping legal teams based in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Chengdu have dealt with shipping cases related to B/L, charter contract, CsOA, salvage & rescue, towing, sea pollution, among others, in mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Taiwan area, Singapore, London and other major shipping countries or territories, which involve significant amount and sometimes even draw wide attention in the industry. We provide legal services for large shipping companies, China- and foreign-invested banks, logistics companies, trade companies and shipping insurance agencies regarding a large number of complex legal issues.
Our shipping legal team has undertaken many first cases in shipping field, including the first case of completing all procedures from ship detention to ship sales in China, the first case of applying to recognize and execute foreign maritime arbitration on agency and the first oil spill pollution litigation case involving the CLC. Besides, we processed a large number of shipping litigation and arbitration cases in major Chinese maritime courts, Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, London and other countries and territories. For decades, our shipping legal team has been dubbed as pioneer in this complicated field. Many of our lawyers are appointed as members of maritime arbitration organizations such as China Maritime Arbitration Commission and Hong Kong International Arbitration Center.
We are profound of our excellent team composed of highly specialised shipping lawyers, which has provided comprehensive and complete shipping legal services for Chinese and foreign clients.
Our services mainly include:
- drafting and revising relevant agreements
- processing dispute resolution related to sea, land, air transportation and logistics, shipping commerce, affairs and accidents
- conducting evidence preservation, retaining ships and goods, fuel, equipment, etc
- First maritime litigation case of completing all procedures from ship detainment to ship sales—M/V Lago Alumtine
- First case of successfully applying to recognize and execute foreign maritime arbitration—"Jiadunmen" case
First oil spill pollution litigation case involving the 1969 International Convention on Civil Liability for Oil Pollution—"Yanjiuyou II" oil pollution case
It routinely advises on disputes involving charter parties and maritime contracts as well as non-contentious matters for an enviable client roster of Chinese banks, international commercial banks, investment banks, ship owners and shipbuilders.
——The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2022, Nominated in Maritime Law Firm of the Year: East China - Non-local, Asian Legal Business
- 2021, Nominated in Maritime Law Firm of the Year: The Coastal Areas - Non-local, Asian Legal Business
- 2014-2022, Nominated in several years in Shipping Law Firm of the Year, Asian Legal Business
- 2012, 2014, Maritime and Transport Law Firm of the Year, Asian Legal Business
- 2016-2022, Recommended firm in Shipping, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2011-2012, Top-tier firm in Shipping, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2001-2010, Top-tier firm in Shipping, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2012, Recommended firm in Shipping, Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific
- 2008-2011, Highly Recommended firm in Shipping, Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific
- 2016-2022, Recommended firm in Shipping, LEGALBAND
- 2022-2023, Recommended firm in Aviation and shipping, Asialaw Profiles
- 2018-2020, Recommended firm in Shipping, Maritime, Asialaw Profiles
- 2016, Recommended firm in Shipping, Maritime, Asialaw Profiles
- 2004-2013, Highly Recommended Law Firm in Maritime & Transport, Asian Legal Business
- GLO Welcomes New Partners
- GLO Advises COIC on Restructuring
- Publication on International Shipbuilding Agreement and Anti-dumping in Shipbuil...
- Representing an international transportation company in defending a court action...
- Handling court proceedings on behalf of the collectives of fishermen on sea poll...
- Awards & Accolades
- GLO Honor | GLO Honored in asialaw Profiles 2021 Edition
- Awards & Rankings | GLO Shortlisted for ALB 2020 China Law Awards
- Awards & Rankings | GLO Honored in LEGALBAND 2020
- Awards & Rankings | GLO Honored in Legal 500 Asia-Pacific Rankings 2020
- Awards & Rankings | GLO Honored in Chambers Asia-Pacific Rankings 2020